Re: Summary of C++ symbols experience (was: Do symbols make sense for C++)

On 2012-01-28, Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:
> 5. It's still not clear that the benefit is worth the amount of effort,
>    since I expect most C++ libraries to require frequent SONAME changes
>    anyway, which means that the long-term binary compatibility angle of

Qt has kept binary compatibility since 4.0 was released in 2005. (and
3.0 kept binary compatibility during the 3.0 series)
kdelibs has kept binary compatibility since 4.0 was released in 2007

so I wouldn't as such call it 'frequent SONAME changes', but it do
require carefulness and commitment from upstream to do it.

/Sune