Re: piuparts-MBF: not using invoke-rc.d

On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 02:44:53PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > Thank you for this effort.  I must admit piuparts has been too
> > frightening for me to try, so far.  So, in order to comfort me in my
> > laziness, would you consider doing continuous (or regular) runs of
> > piuparts on the whole archive, and sending the results to the PTS
> These results are already integrated in the PTS, see for example
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/l/lpr.html - piuparts links are only shown in
> the PTS if there are problems.

To be clear: the results are already integrated with the PTS in the
sense that a "problem" would be reported for non-piuparts-clean
packages (and a corresponding link on the right would be added in case
of piuparts issues).  A pending news item targeted at d-d-a about that
is currently waiting in Misc Developer News [1].

However, the mail notification of piuparts error is _not_ integrated
with the PTS. To that end I would prefer not having a new keyword, the
default one seems reasonable to me, as it is opt-in anyhow and the
frequency is (I guess) rather low.

Cheers.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DeveloperNews