Re: xcdroast does no longer work with wodim: Who to blame?

Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling) writes:
> Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:
>> Change your license, and maybe we???ll be able to think of collaborating.
>
> You seem to be unable for collaboration as you try to blackmail me.

Stating a fact is not blackmail. As SFLC has determined that CDDL and
GPL are incompatible [1], Debian is unable to distribute any software
which contains code with those two licenses mixed in. If you wish for
the cdrtools to be included in Debian (or in any major Linux
distribution), you should fix that problem. This is nonnegotiable, as
we would be breaking the copyright law by distributing software for
which we have no license to do so.

If you feel that the SFLC's opinion is wrong, you are of course free
to provide us with competent legal advice countering SFLC's opinion.

[1] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-news-team/2009-February/000413.html

--
* Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology (T.P)  *
*           PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer           *