On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 21:25 +0100, Julien BLACHE wrote:

> Matthias Urlichs <smurf@smurf.noris.de> wrote:
>
> >> One the one hand, we have the Ubuntu cabal at key positions in the
> >> Project; on the other hand, we have Project Scud, which members are
> >> currently employed by companies having interests in Debian.
> >
> > On the other hand, at least these people are employed working on
> > Debian-related stuff, and some of them are allowed to spend some/all of
> > their work time on it. IMHO that's a Good Thing.
>
> Sure that's good. It stops to be that good when they're obviously
> trying hard to impose their employer's agenda on the Project.

There's no particular reason for Ubuntu developers to try and impose
Canonical's agenda on Debian; we have our own distro for (and because we
have) our own agenda.

We only release Ubuntu with three architectures, it doesn't gain or lose
us anything if Debian releases with one, three or thirteen
architectures.

Scott
--
Have you ever, ever felt like this?