also sprach Wouter Verhelst <wouter@grep.be> [2004.07.16.0029 +0200]:
> A "job description" is a nice word which stems from the enterprise
> world and which doesn't do much more than helping people find an
> excuse to a) fire other people ("these two people have the exact
> same job description, surely we can fire one of them"), or b) say
> "no" when asked to do some job ("it isn't part of my job, look at
> the friggin' job description!"); It isn't actually helpful in any
> way, *especially* not in a volunteer organization.

I disagree. I concur that one should help and submit patches instead
of saying "here i am, gimme work to do", but before I consider
volunteering for a position, I want to know what is expected from me
in that position. you won't find that out until you hold the
position. no matter whether you are a volunteer or paid or whatever.

`. `'`