On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 06:31:49PM +0100, Oliver Elphick wrote:

> > If so, on what grounds was it made? If the ftp-masters
> > believe that the mirroring issue needs to be dealt with first, I think
> > that attempting to override them would be foolish - we don't want to
> > lose good-will with our mirrors.
> We can't know what the ftp-masters believe, since they refuse to
> communicate; this issue has been raised for at least a month on the
> lists without any comment from them (that I have seen).  No project can
> work if its key members operate like that.  Communication is an
> essential skill.

This issue has been raised many, many times before, because part of
ftp-masters are as well part of DSA as part of wanna-build crew as part of
<name your favorite thing here>.

People in role positions should IMHO be forced to communicate with
*everyone* that address to their role position. If they don't communicate
with others, DPL should take action to remove them from their role.

It's quite simple. Many of the current problems can be tracked down to a
handfull of people not communicating with the rest of the project (or in
secret, which is basically the same).

--
Ciao...              //
      Ingo         \X/