* Jamin W. Collins (jcollins@asgardsrealm.net) wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 07:36:10PM -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > Who's that for though?  It's certainly not for the associated applicant
> > who actually gets the email before the log is even updated.
>
> The same people the status page is for.  Using your argument, the status
> pages are irrelavent since the applicant got the e-mails, right?  The
> status page can serve as an open record and reference for others to see
> if there is a problem that may need addressed.

It seems clear to me that the status pages aren't actually useful as a
reference for others to see if there is a problem that may need to be
addressed.  Indeed, they don't have enough information to be useful in
that regard though people seem to think they do and that has become a
problem apparently.  If the status pages didn't exist at least people
might realize that there's more to it than what's on them instead of
assuming everything is logged on them (even though it's pretty
obviously not the case).

	Stephen