* Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> [2004-02-17 08:23]:
> As an AM, and someone who does try to log everything into the NM
> database, this actually does take a while to do for all of my
> applicants.  I find it useful for myself because my memory sucks as
> to what's going on with a given applicant.  I don't believe any of
> my applicants have found it useful, or really anyone else other than
> the front desk (if even he does, not sure).

In theory, it's certainly nice to have it documented.  In practice,
it problably takes more effort than it's really worth.  In most cases,
such summaries are only helpful if the AM goes missing - but obviously
there are no such summaries in that case.  In general, the summaries
are helpful if an application takes a long time and I'm wondering
what's going on - but in that case it's usually just quicker to ask
the AM on IRC or to send an e-mail.

I do tend to comment things in the FD&DAM comments field, but usually
only when I'm waiting for the applicant to do things which can often
take months, and hence its helpful to aid my memory.
--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com