Re: Debian Color Themes, Galeon-Snapshot progress, orpahned packages

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 10:31:12PM +0100, Erich Schubert wrote:
> Someone else said:
> >   Hmm....this has given me an idea.  I wonder if it would be worthwhile
> > to make this editable over the Web? (maybe like Wiki, although you might
> > want it to be a little less 'open' than that..anyone can scribble over
> > Wiki, right?)
>
> Yep, anyone can scribble there. But it is a nice idea: have the users
> categorize applications themselves. Should be quite easy to set up; and
> as there's nothing to gain by adding false entries, few people will do
> so. But the keywords must be easy to understand.

See http://wiki.debian.net/JuniorPackages

These are all painstakingly hand-maintained by me and are just *screaming*
to be automated.

It's not just Debian Jr. doing this.  But now also DebianEdu (see
http://wiki.debian.net/DebianEdu) and potentially others (-desktop? -med?
-multimedia?) if the tools were there.

We need help, here, from a WikiMaster who would like to cook up some package
list glue!

Ben