Re: Debian Color Themes, Galeon-Snapshot progress, orpahned packages

> > Maybe someone is interested in continuing these topics:
> > - http://people.debian.org/~erich/packagebrowser/
> > which is an export of the aptitude database to HTML; the scripts used
> > for generating these files are in my home directory on ppl.d.o
>
>   Hey, that's pretty cool!
>
>   Anyway, I'll probably take a look at this -- I didn't realize anyone
>   had done this.

I think i had posted it before, during my "keywords" / "tags"
suggestion... ;) I hoped that some people would say "hey, that's nice"
and contribute data sets to aptitude...

The code right now is a small perl script employing lot's of hashes ;)
I guess you can write faster code with the libraries you wrote for
aptitude; so probably you won't even look at my code ;)
(after all it can't do anything aptitudes browser cannot)

>   Hmm....this has given me an idea.  I wonder if it would be worthwhile
> to make this editable over the Web? (maybe like Wiki, although you might
> want it to be a little less 'open' than that..anyone can scribble over
> Wiki, right?)

Yep, anyone can scribble there. But it is a nice idea: have the users
categorize applications themselves. Should be quite easy to set up; and
as there's nothing to gain by adding false entries, few people will do
so. But the keywords must be easy to understand.

> woefully incomplete but mostly consistent one)  Also, even if the
> set of authorized editors is restricted, making a friendly interface to
> edit it might be a great way to solicit non-developer help in extending
> the categorization.

A "quantity instead of quality" categorization is a good place to start.
One could also make some kind of voting ;)
Does this application fit into the category "gnome", and people can vote
"yes" and "no". That should remove false categorizations.

Greetings,
Erich

P.S. Today i passed a test in Stochastics/Statistics with a surprisingly
good result of 1.0 (the best grade)... maybe i'll get less depressive
again... Still one more test to do on Monday, and then work hard to redo
the test i failed (to the surprise of all whom i explained the very same
subject i failed at before ...)

--
        erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)        --        GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C
                Those who understand binary and those who don't