Re: Which files in /usr/sbin?

The point of sbin is to give us somewhere to put some sysadmin
binaries that don't want to be on the user's path (if you look at it
as a replacement for /etc) or to allow us to remove certain binaries
that would confuse users from their paths (if you look at it as an
alternative to bin).

Surely then, the criterion for each binary should be whether it wants
to be on the default - ie, non-sysadmin, path ?  Surely, then, to
argue that sbin directoories should be added to the default path is to
miss the point ?

Forgive me, but I'm finding this discussion - and the heat it has
generated - quite bizarre ...

Ian.