Re: Which files in /usr/sbin?

Ian Jackson:
   Forgive me, but I'm finding this discussion - and the heat it has
   generated - quite bizarre ...

Ok, I'm going back off from general principles and try to tackle one
specific issue.

The specific executable which triggered this discussion is
/usr/sbin/zdump, which analyzes timezone files.  Basically, it prints
out what time it is -- given a timezone specification.

It seems to me that this program might be of interest to people who
wish to figure out what time zone they're in.  It's probably not
needed by people who have a good understanding of geography.  This
might be of use to people who are not system administrators if they
are in a different time zone from the system administrator.

--
Raul