Release notes for slink

Many of you are painfully aware that there are some issues in slink that are
impractical to correct before release.

For example, we're not going to be able to add Was-Part-Of: (or whatever)
functionality to dpkg, get it debugged, and get the netstd and X packages
rebuilt for it.

Therefore I suggest documentation. :)

Currently I'm absorbing factoids about the hamm -> slink upgrade into a text
file. It's rather sparse right now. Can everyone please mail me additional
information that they think is important for upgraders to know so we can
have a relatively complete upgrading FAQ?

Right now what I have is:

netstd has split into:

*  mail/vrfy
*  net/bwnfsd
   net/netstd
*  net/nfs-server
*  net/rexec
*  net/talk
*  net/talkd
*  net/telnet
*  net/telnetd
*  non-free/net/pcnfsd

libc6-doc morphed into glibc-doc

X changed:

xbase -> xbase
	 twm
	 xterm
	 xbase-clients
	 xdm
	 xf86setup
	 xfs
	 xmodmap
	 xserver-common
	 rstart
	 rstartd
	 xsm
	 xproxy
	 xmh
xfntbase -> xfonts-base
xfnt75 -> xfonts-75dpi
xfnt100 -> xfonts-100dpi
xfntbig -> xfonts-cjk
xfntcyr -> xfonts-cryllic
xfntpex -> xfonts-pex
xfntscl -> xfonts-scalable
xslib -> xlib6-static
xslibg -> xlib6g-static

XDM and XFS *will* be stopped during upgrade, this is a bug in the
packages currently in Debian 2.0.
--
Robert Woodcock - rcw@debian.org
"Unix and C are the ultimate computer viruses" -- Richard Gabriel