Re: Release notes for slink

On Thu, 14 Jan 1999, Robert Woodcock wrote:

> Many of you are painfully aware that there are some issues in slink that are
> impractical to correct before release.
>
> For example, we're not going to be able to add Was-Part-Of: (or whatever)
> functionality to dpkg, get it debugged, and get the netstd and X packages
> rebuilt for it.
>
> Therefore I suggest documentation. :)

I suggest empty compatibility packages or sensible use of Recommend: fields.
This may be done with the current tools.

Not that your list of factoids about the hamm -> slink is not indeed
useful, just that I don't think that documenting a problem is everything
we can do.

--
 "d02b89ae0177770ab558a88eed427d67" (a truly random sig)