Re: about the debian way

I do tend to agree that there ought to be a way to disable
checksecurity without disabling standard.  I'd suggest explaining to
the cron maintainer that you can cut/paste the lines, but that this
particular configuration change is useful (in your opinion) to many
users and ask why he doesn't think the option should be provided.  If
the concern is simply that the cron maintainer doesn't want to write
the patch, then the bug should be left open as a wishlist item.

If the cron maintainer explains why this option should not be given to
users and you disagree, then send your comments here and copy the cron
maintainer.