Re: about the debian way

> IMHO it is not the debian way. I expect to be able to configure my
> system in a way that I would not have to do it manually after each
> upgrade, and in a way that I will not keep an old standard script.

Disable checksecurity in cron.daily/standard (your changes will be
preserved during upgrade), and create a custom script in
cron.weekly. Alternatively, if you don't want to merge changes in
standard to your local version, you can put an exit 0 in
/etc/checksecurity.conf, then copy it to checksecurity-mine.conf, and
alter your version of cron.weekly/checksecurity to source that.

Quite simple, methinks. Though not the best, thanks to Debian's
conffile handling, it works quite well.

(/me notes he would also like to see checksecurity split out of
cron.daily/standard)