just get over (Re: changing flavor of the linux world? was: craig sanders)

Hi.

In <[🔎] 87y9ylbyt7.fsf@becket.becket.net>,  on 14 Nov 2000 21:15:48 -0800,
 tb@becket.net (Thomas Bushnell, BSG) wrote:

> Instead, while their language got strong indeed, it did not sink to
> the level of personal insult (even "that wouldn't get a passing grade
> in my course" isn't a personal insult).

First, I don't think that using bad word is cool, nor just doing
personal insult is right.

> It's obvious to even the most casual observer that I use strong
> wording all the time to get my points across, as does Manoj and many
> other people.  I'm not against that at all.  But you won't find any of
> us using the kind of abusive terminology that Craig Sanders does, and
> it's that which I'm objecting to.

Several weeks (or months) ago, I happen to know the story related to
the beginning of OpenBSD:

  <http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/1994/12/23/0000.html>
  <http://www.theos.com/deraadt/coremail.html>

And I hate to expect that something similar will happen on the Debian.

Word is a word.  It will hurt your mind if you read or hear that,
but if you just ditch it into /dev/null without glance, then it does
nothing but just use some slight amount of your CPU time.  It will
certainly not break you physically.

So, just get it over.  You have your right to dislike or hate any
member of Debian, but I don't think it is our way to expel some
developer because of his habit to use some dirty fuckin' word.

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>