Re: changing flavor of the linux world? was: craig sanders

> 	Alas, have we already forgotten the interchange between a
>  student from finland and a professor who wrte a little know thing
>  called minix, talking about the death of monolithic kernels ...

I don't recall anyone in that debate using language "mind your own
fucking business and shut the fuck up".  I didn't hear Tanenbaum or
Torvalds call each other a "fucking loser" or their words "fuckwitted
bullshit" or say "I'm frankly surprised that a loser like you has any
friends at all".

Instead, while their language got strong indeed, it did not sink to
the level of personal insult (even "that wouldn't get a passing grade
in my course" isn't a personal insult).

It's obvious to even the most casual observer that I use strong
wording all the time to get my points across, as does Manoj and many
other people.  I'm not against that at all.  But you won't find any of
us using the kind of abusive terminology that Craig Sanders does, and
it's that which I'm objecting to.

Thomas