Re: Request for "beta testers" for latex-cjk

arne> On Wednesday 12 October 2005 01:41, Danai SAE-HAN wrote:
arne> > 2. CJK provides example configuration files for a UTF-8 environment.
arne> >    These use Bitstream's Cyberbit font, a font that used to be freely
arne> >    downloadable on Netscape's FTP address (and still is, BTW), but
arne> >    with a fuzzy License, and seems to be officially retracted by
arne> >    Bitstream.  Just because CJK has some example files written for
arne> >    such a non-DFSG free surely doesn't automatically force the
arne> >    latex-cjk package into contrib/, does it?  I haven't found any
arne> >    discussion about Cyberbit on Debian-Legal, but perhaps I will ask
arne> >    them this question.
arne> >      More importantly however, are there are any other, DFSG
arne> > compliant fonts with such a wide coverage like Cyberbit, at the very
arne> > least with Chinese, Japanese and Korean characters?
arne>
arne> Are you looking for ttf fonts? There are multiple fonts in Debian
arne> already:
arne>  * ttf-arphic-uming, ttf-arphic-ukai: Chinese (Big5, GB2312, HKSCS2004),
arne> (Most recent testing version is on apt.debian.org.tw, more CJK
arne> characters to come (GBK, Japanese, Korean))
arne>  * ttf-sazanami-*: Japanese
arne>  * ttf-unfonts: Korean
arne>
arne> Afaik, there is no DFSG free font which covers all of those characters,
arne> yet, but I'm working on it. :)

Ah, I'm really looking forward to try it out soon!
I suppose that ttf-arphic-u{ming,kai} conflict with the
ttf-arphic{bkai00mp,bsmi00lp,gkai00mp,gbsn00lp} packages?

arne> The Cyberbit font has wrong codepoints assigned to the Hangul syllables
arne> (CJK Ext.A instead of their original position and not even complete,
arne> AFAIK) and therefor is buggy.

That is interesting to know.  I'll put that in the README.Debian file.
The need for the Cyberbit font (or a similar big font) will be
diminished after CJK 4.6.0, since the new fontforge scripts will also
create font definition files for a UTF-8 environment.

Danai SAE-HAN
韓達耐

--
题目:《三衢道中》