Re: Request for "beta testers" for latex-cjk

Danai SAE-HAN <danai.sae-han@skynet.be> wrote:

> 1. I have several subpackages, so each has its own directory in
>    /usr/share/doc/.  I wish to centralize all docs, example files the
>    changelog and the copyright file all in one single directory, id
>    est /usr/share/doc/latex-cjk/.  (Those package from the latex-cjk
>    source of course, not the extra Japanese and Korean font packages,
>    since they use a different source each.)
>
>    Do I just have to install them manually (put them in a .install
>    instead of in a .docs file)?  And what about the changelog and
>    copyright files?  They use the same source anyway.

I would simply create symlinks /usr/share/doc/otherpackage -> latex-cjk
and call dh_installdocs (etc.) only for the "main" package.  Just make
sure that all of them indeed depend on latex-cjk...

> 4. This package uses CJK version 4.5.1, along with extra CVS patches
>    up to 2003-03-18 (I accidentally put 0.20030319 in the
>    versioning).  The current upstream version has been upped to 4.6.0,
>    but since a lot of changes have happened, especially concerning the
>    creation of TeX fonts and vertical writing, and because of the
>    dependency on fontinst 1.918 (only available in teTeX3), I will
>    need some more time to get 4.6.0 working.

You probably know that teTeX 3 is in experimental?  I hope to bring it
into unstable soon.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster