Re: vote

At 17:30 on 06/28/2001 -1000, Brian Russo <brusso@phys.hawaii.edu> wrote:

>  I thought the point was BSD with a packaging system that doesn't
>  suck (tm)

Then this would be a "freebsd-apt" mailing list, and not a "debian-bsd"
one.   Make no mistakes- this should be treated as debian port, not a bsd
improvement project.  That's not to say that such a project would not be
worthwhile (I for one would not at all mind seeing apt as the package
system of choice on plenty of OSes), but such a project would need to be
driven by the *bsd community to have any chance at all of success, IMHO.

--Josh