Re: vote

> 1) Which kernel?
>   a) OpenBSD kernel
>   b) NetBSD kernel
>   c) FreeBSD kernel
>   d) Darwin kernel
Well I use them all daily, I am using openbsd as a desktop for a year and a half now.
Basically I think openbsd could be a little more compact, easier to change.
The install process, with our custom tgz etc...

Netbsd has some very good documentation and could allow easy portability.

FreeBSD is fast, great on x86, well documented and has a large developer base.

TBH I don't care a WHOLE lot about this, they all have the pros and cons.
I see getting a test box and trying to modify these in serious ways an interesting challenge.
I am glad to see the project pick up steam, let's hope it stays this way.

> 2) What userland
>   a) only the userland that came with the chosen kernel
>   b) "native" userland + some GNU utilities
>   c) mostly GNU utilities + some very system dependent userland
>      utilities.
Once again, I belive this will evolve over time, I think any package which
can be justified can be added at a later stage , choice isn't the only issue, whatever
you choose will have to be stuck with at the start and porting issues should be in the back
of your mind while doing this, why not start off with the base of the o/s we choose,
and then integrate debian around this (which some may say is obvious, but there are valid reasons
to debianise and then add packages)

> /* let's suicide: */
> kill(getpid(),SIGKILL);
Nice sig ;)

--
And now I'm off the masturbate...
"Hey! I'm happy with my hobbies!! (Tm 2001 Mr. Oggs)