Re: netcfg questions not asked with priority=critical. HD partition recipe.

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 01:06:46PM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Regid Ichira, le Mon 08 Apr 2013 05:00:40 +0300, a ?crit :
> > 2. Even though the dhcp server is supplying a host name, and the
> >    preseeding file has a
> >
> >        d-i netcfg/get_hostname string hostname
> >
> >    set, the installer insists to ask the hostname question.
> >    example-preseed.txt claims that
> >
> >        # Any hostname and domain names assigned from dhcp take
> >          precedence over
> >        # values set here. However, setting the values still
> >          prevents the questions
> >        # from being shown, even if values come from dhcp.
> >
> >    I also have
> >
> >        d-i netcfg/get_domain string domain
> >
> >    set.  I did tried to run the installer many times.  I am not
> >    sure by what rule it ask the question about the domain, or not.
> >    In contrast to the hostname question, the behaviour is not
> >    consistent.
>
> I've tried putting
>
> d-i netcfg/get_hostname string foo
> d-i netcfg/get_domain string bar
>
> into preseed.cfg and preseed that, the questions were not asked at all.
> The domain question is probably asked depending whether dhcp provides a
> domain name or not.

  dhcp provides both host and domain names.
The questions were asked when priority was not set.  They are not
asked with priority=critical.  I hope this is the intended behavior.

  Can someone provides a preseed partiotion recipe for:

1. 100G hard disk.
2. 50G are used by the first parition, and should not be touched.
3. There is no partition defined for the other 50G.  Desired usage
   is:
   3.1.  1G for a /boot, $lvmignore, fs.
   3.2.  49G should be an $lvmok, $defaultignore, for all the other fs.