Re: Problems and questions with preseeding

Hello,

Regid Ichira, le Mon 08 Apr 2013 05:00:40 +0300, a écrit :
> 2. Even though the dhcp server is supplying a host name, and the
>    preseeding file has a
>
>        d-i netcfg/get_hostname string hostname
>
>    set, the installer insists to ask the hostname question.
>    example-preseed.txt claims that
>
>        # Any hostname and domain names assigned from dhcp take
>          precedence over
>        # values set here. However, setting the values still
>          prevents the questions
>        # from being shown, even if values come from dhcp.
>
>    I also have
>
>        d-i netcfg/get_domain string domain
>
>    set.  I did tried to run the installer many times.  I am not
>    sure by what rule it ask the question about the domain, or not.
>    In contrast to the hostname question, the behaviour is not
>    consistent.

I've tried putting

d-i netcfg/get_hostname string foo
d-i netcfg/get_domain string bar

into preseed.cfg and preseed that, the questions were not asked at all.
The domain question is probably asked depending whether dhcp provides a
domain name or not.

Samuel