Re: netcfg questions not asked with priority=critical. HD partition recipe.

Regid Ichira, le Fri 12 Apr 2013 19:03:37 +0300, a écrit :
> On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 01:06:46PM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > Regid Ichira, le Mon 08 Apr 2013 05:00:40 +0300, a ?crit :
> > > 2. Even though the dhcp server is supplying a host name, and the
> > >    preseeding file has a
> > >
> > >        d-i netcfg/get_hostname string hostname
> > >
> > >    set, the installer insists to ask the hostname question.
> > >    example-preseed.txt claims that
> > >
> > >        # Any hostname and domain names assigned from dhcp take
> > >          precedence over
> > >        # values set here. However, setting the values still
> > >          prevents the questions
> > >        # from being shown, even if values come from dhcp.
> > >
> > >    I also have
> > >
> > >        d-i netcfg/get_domain string domain
> > >
> > >    set.  I did tried to run the installer many times.  I am not
> > >    sure by what rule it ask the question about the domain, or not.
> > >    In contrast to the hostname question, the behaviour is not
> > >    consistent.
> >
> > I've tried putting
> >
> > d-i netcfg/get_hostname string foo
> > d-i netcfg/get_domain string bar
> >
> > into preseed.cfg and preseed that, the questions were not asked at all.
> > The domain question is probably asked depending whether dhcp provides a
> > domain name or not.
>
>   dhcp provides both host and domain names.
> The questions were asked when priority was not set.  They are not
> asked with priority=critical.  I hope this is the intended behavior.

I guess that's the expected behavior, yes: unless preseeded by the user,
the question will be asked, even if a value is gotten by dhcp.

What is still unresolved here, however, is that you said that your
preseeding file had a get_hostname entry but you say the installer
insisted on asking the hostname question. I can't reproduce that part.

>   Can someone provides a preseed partiotion recipe for:

I have no idea about that. Instead of mixing to very different questions
in the same mail, you should open another thread. People who care about
partition recipes might even stop reading the mail as soon as seeing
"netcfg" in the subject.

Samuel