Re: PGP signature problems with firmware ISO images

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 03:48:14PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
>Hi Steve,
>
>On Samstag, 6. April 2013, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
>> would it make sense to put up a jenkins job which would make sure
>> signatures are available for images on cdimage, and that those
>> signatures are OK?
>>
>> We would then get a warning for images which need a (pending)
>> signature during the “prepare a release” phase, but also notice when a
>> signature goes away, due to some sync/mv issues (I think it happened a
>> few times for the d-i wheezy alpha/betas/rc releases, even if I don't
>> have any numbers at hand).
>
>I'd be happy to set up such tests, though instead of downloading the images
>and checking the signatures I think it would be better to run these tests on
>pettersson.d.o and then analyse them with jenkins - to avoid daily downsloads
>of hundreds of gigabytes..
>
>Steve, are you ok with me setting up such (cron)jobs on petterson? From a
>quick look it seems, /srv/cdbuilder.debian.org/jenkins-logs/ could be a
>suitable place to publish them, so some jenkins jobs running on
>jenkins.debian.net can wget these results, which in the cases of signature-
>failures can result in notifications to #debian-boot as well as via email.
>
>And, which images to test for signatures? find /dsa/cdimage -name "*iso"
>finds to many ;)
>
>Before running any code on petterson I will put it into git for review
>first...

Ummm...

I don't understand the suggestion of Jenkins here at all - it sounds
like major overkill to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that other
people are interested in helping here. But I think we're getting
over-complicated for the sake of checking that checksums files have
been signed...?

  Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that there
  must be exactly three terminations: one on one end of the cable, one on the
  far end, and the goat, terminated over the SCSI chain with a silver-handled
  knife whilst burning *black* candles. --- Anthony DeBoer