Re: PGP signature problems with firmware ISO images

Hi Steve,

On Samstag, 6. April 2013, Cyril Brulebois wrote:

> would it make sense to put up a jenkins job which would make sure

> signatures are available for images on cdimage, and that those

> signatures are OK?

> We would then get a warning for images which need a (pending)

> signature during the “prepare a release” phase, but also notice when a

> signature goes away, due to some sync/mv issues (I think it happened a

> few times for the d-i wheezy alpha/betas/rc releases, even if I don't

> have any numbers at hand).

I'd be happy to set up such tests, though instead of downloading the images and checking the signatures I think it would be better to run these tests on pettersson.d.o and then analyse them with jenkins - to avoid daily downsloads of hundreds of gigabytes..

Steve, are you ok with me setting up such (cron)jobs on petterson? From a quick look it seems, /srv/cdbuilder.debian.org/jenkins-logs/ could be a suitable place to publish them, so some jenkins jobs running on jenkins.debian.net can wget these results, which in the cases of signature-failures can result in notifications to #debian-boot as well as via email.

And, which images to test for signatures? find /dsa/cdimage -name "*iso"

finds to many ;)

Before running any code on petterson I will put it into git for review first...

cheers,

Holger