Re: micro-evtd: udeb (arm armel only)

On Sunday 13 July 2008, Per Andersson wrote:
> Source and binary available for review at [0].

debian/rules:
+Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}, libc-udeb

This is not correct. Dependencies on libraries should be added
automatically through ${shlibs:Depends} during the build. You'll need to
find out why that does not happen. The fact that this does not happen is
a string indication there is something wrong with the package...

Hmm. All that is included in sbin dir ATM is micro_evtd.command, which is
a script. So is the real problem that micro_evtd and microapl are missing
in the udeb?

debian/micro-evtd-udeb.install:
I changed the way hook scripts are installed for qcontrol in my last
upload as dpkg-buildpackage complained about not being able to preserve
file mode in the diff.gz. I now install the files from debian/rules.
You may want to look at that as the missing permissions could cause
problems when the package is built directly from source instead of from
your local system.

The dir /etc/micro_evtd in the udeb is currently empty. If it is not
needed, it should just be removed. If not, you've got another missing
file.

Tip: to view the contents of your package immediately after building,
use 'debc' (equivalent to using dpkg -I and dpkg -c); use 'debdiff' to
view the difference between a previous version and your current one.

> I have added content to the udeb, it should be able to play
> sound and control led.

Somehow I doubt it will without the missing binaries :-)

Cheers,
FJP