Re: Skip kbd-chooser when running under Xen

On Thu, 2008-05-29 at 15:04 +0200, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
> Ian Campbell <ijc@hellion.org.uk> writes:
>
> > On Mon, 2008-05-26 at 12:38 +0200, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
> >
> > Will this patch do the right thing if Xen is being installed using the
> > paravirutal framebuffer device present in 2.6.26-rc? It looks to me as
> > if it will not.
>
> Good point, I don't know anything about this new stuff.  What do you
> think the best scenario would be?  Will that framebuffer be the
> default when there's nothing specified on the kernel command line?

Unfortunately it is more complex than that... If I understand correctly
(and I'm not sure I do) with recent kernels (i.e. 2.6.26-rcN) the PVFB
will be the default if the device is configured for that domain (i.e. in
the xm config file in domain 0), otherwise hvc0 will be the default.

> Does it make keyboard configuration sensible or even necessary?

I'm not *sure* but I think when using PVFB keymap configuration does
make sense.

> Anyway, would adding a check for console=hvc0 (in conjuction with the
> present Xen check, so not to break the real PowerPC console) suffice?

> Or is there a possibility of the hvc console becoming the default?

Unfortunately yes, it is already the case in the git repo I think.

Ian.

--
Ian Campbell
Current Noise: Isis - Lines Across Eyes

If men acted after marriage as they do during courtship, there would
be fewer divorces -- and more bankruptcies.
		-- Frances Rodman