Re: Skip kbd-chooser when running under Xen

Ian Campbell <ijc@hellion.org.uk> writes:

> On Mon, 2008-05-26 at 12:38 +0200, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
>
> Will this patch do the right thing if Xen is being installed using the
> paravirutal framebuffer device present in 2.6.26-rc? It looks to me as
> if it will not.

Good point, I don't know anything about this new stuff.  What do you
think the best scenario would be?  Will that framebuffer be the
default when there's nothing specified on the kernel command line?
Does it make keyboard configuration sensible or even necessary?

Anyway, would adding a check for console=hvc0 (in conjuction with the
present Xen check, so not to break the real PowerPC console) suffice?
Or is there a possibility of the hvc console becoming the default?
--
Cheers,
Feri.