Re: [Debian-in-workers] Re: GTK frontend update and maybe time for an experimental netinst cd?

> > What about a realy special font that contains _only_ the glyphs
> > necessary to display all the countries' names?
> >
> > Then load the font, when necessary into the RAM, from the CD?
> >

> This way we'll need to include only that font package udeb in the
> initrd, since other fonts will be retrived later from cdrom, right?

Exactly :)

> This could be a good idea: is this possible to do? and WHO is going to
> do it?

I have a link, and if he is not able to do it, he might point us to
someone who can.

> i suppose we'll have to tell fontconfig to use the proper fonts instead
> of the hacky-one after they are loaded from cd, too: is there any
> fontconfig expert here?

Mişu Moldovan added two glyphs to ttf-dejavu font, so he has some
experience with font editing, but he is no guru and I am not sure he
has the time

Mişu:
This thread starts here:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2005/09/msg00202.html
The idea is that we need a font which can display all the names of
countries/languages that  debian-installer supports which is small
enough to fit on the initrd image.

Can you help us with this problem? If not, can you point us to someone who can?

--
Regards,
EddyP