Debian-Installer on mipsel

Hallo everybody,

I am trying to get d-i running on mipsel. I get to the point that the
kernel mounts the ramdisk with the rootfs, runs /linuxrc (but only if
I specify init=/linuxrc - by default it tries to execute /sbin/init).
The commands in /linuxrc are executed up to the last line:

exec chroot . /linuxrc <dev/console >dev/console 2>&1

Before this, /linurc has been replaced by a symlink to /sbin/init, so
the system should start a normal init process. I get the busybox init
welcome message and then the system hangs. Did anybody have similar
experiences on other platforms?

Regards,
Karsten
--