Re: howto build the 'business card' iso ?

On Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 02:01:41PM +0200, Santiago Garcia Mantinan wrote:
> > Maybe it needs the debian-cd package or something such ?
>
> Yes, well, the problem with this is how to make the cd bootable, for that
> there are scripts on debian-cd/tools/boot/sarge/ there should be one for

No problem for me, since there is no yaboot or other such thing yet, and
i simply use OF to boot the initrd-enabled kernel from either the disk
or a CD. Doesn't seem to work on my scsi CD though, but should be ok on
an ide cd drive.

> ppc, once we have a working script for there and somewhere where one can
> dowload ppc images from, I'll start building the isos myself on gluck, but
> right now I'm afraid that none of this is available :-(

That would be nice yes. Still, it doesn't solve the problem of the
initrd which contains part of the kernel (driver modules udebs ?) and
which has to be embedded in the kernel. Or are the kernel driver module
udebs used in stage 2 only ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther