Re: Debian-Installer on mipsel

On Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 09:49:12AM +0200, Karsten Merker wrote:
> I am trying to get d-i running on mipsel. I get to the point that the
> kernel mounts the ramdisk with the rootfs, runs /linuxrc (but only if
> I specify init=/linuxrc - by default it tries to execute /sbin/init).
> The commands in /linuxrc are executed up to the last line:
>
> exec chroot . /linuxrc <dev/console >dev/console 2>&1
>
> Before this, /linurc has been replaced by a symlink to /sbin/init, so
> the system should start a normal init process. I get the busybox init
> welcome message and then the system hangs. Did anybody have similar
> experiences on other platforms?

I recall there was a similar problem with the busybox in woody's
boot-floppies on pmax DECstations. Can't remember if it was resolved
before or after woody went stable. Had to do with an unpleasant
interaction with the kernel being used, but now I'll be damned if I
can remember the specifics...
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); IRC(fungi@irc.yuggoth.org#ccl); ICQ(114362511);