Re: RedHat Anaconda and graphical install

On Tue, Sep 28, 1999 at 01:44:01AM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Lalo Martins <lalo@webcom.com> writes:
>
> That sounds nice.  Is it cross-platform?  What drives the UI?

Most stuff is in Python, so yes, that should be multi-platform.
I will only actually hack it if I can make it run on a Sparc,
so if it isn't it _will be_ :-)

What drives the UI is a middle layer of abstract UI code, a
very cool work by the RH guys. It decides at run-time whether
to link to newt or gtk (IIRC).

URL, beats me. I've been searching for one since I read the
original annoucement, no avail. I found the actual code by
accident on ftp.redhat.com/pub/lorax/i386/misc/src/anaconda and
mirrors, there is apparently a CVS repository too. NO tarball,
I had to fetch all 24Mb of it with ``wget -m''.

If someone finds more info, feel free to tell me :-) In the
meanwhile, I'll concentrate on ripping the lilo configurator
from the current release.

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----