Re: Checkpoint Firewall Client on AMD64

On (29/06/05 21:22), Pete wrote:
> Clive Menzies wrote:
>
> >I can't help with your question re: Checkpoint but I'm in the same
> >postion of having to reboot into XP for VPN remote access.
> >
> >I came up with the following possibilities and have had a cursory look
> >at vpnc:
> >clive@Darius:~$ apt-cache search vpn | grep client
> >vpnc - Cisco-compatible VPN client
> >webmin-pptp-client - PPTP client configuration module for webmin
> >

> Thanks Clive, glad to see I'm not the only one in this position.
>
> I have no intention of installing RedHat (I'd rather dual boot XP!), but
> I have seen somewhere on a Google search that FreeSwan will talk to
> Checkpoint, but as I know next to nothing about either at this stage,
> that sounds like a rather hard path to take, although I might be wrong.
>
> Also, I thought FreeSwan was just for IPSec VPN's, but the company I'm
> working for now are talking PIN numbers and the VPN token, so it may not
> be that simple.

I just looked at openswan but on trying to install it got:
WARNING: untrusted versions of the following packages will be installed!

Untrusted packages could compromise your system's security.
You should only proceed with the installation if you are certain that
this is what you want to do.

  openswan ipsec-tools libgmp3 gawk host

Given the functionality involved, I'm a little hesitant to proceed -
just call me wimp ;)

It too is IPSec based but the router I connect to allows both IPSec and
PPTP.

Regards

Clive

--