Re: Checkpoint Firewall Client on AMD64

Clive Menzies wrote:

I can't help with your question re: Checkpoint but I'm in the same
postion of having to reboot into XP for VPN remote access.

I came up with the following possibilities and have had a cursory look
at vpnc:
clive@Darius:~$ apt-cache search vpn | grep client
vpnc - Cisco-compatible VPN client
webmin-pptp-client - PPTP client configuration module for webmin

I don't particularly want to install webmin just for this functionality.

So I too would welcome feedback from someone whose using a VPN client.

Regards

Clive

Thanks Clive, glad to see I'm not the only one in this position.

I have no intention of installing RedHat (I'd rather dual boot XP!), but I have seen somewhere on a Google search that FreeSwan will talk to Checkpoint, but as I know next to nothing about either at this stage, that sounds like a rather hard path to take, although I might be wrong.

Also, I thought FreeSwan was just for IPSec VPN's, but the company I'm working for now are talking PIN numbers and the VPN token, so it may not be that simple.

Pete