Re: using compaq fortran for linux on alpha

Alle 00:33, martedì 4 novembre 2003, Adam C Powell IV ha scritto:
> On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 09:03, Roberto Bernetti wrote:
> > Hi
> > I've installed Debian 3 on a personal workstation 500au with minor
> > problems I hope you can help to solve:
> > 1)  The distribution CD's didn't contain some packages as LyX and Maxima
> > but on the official site they appear to be included
> > 2) the symboic link of the BLAS library were not correct, they were
> > /usr/lib/libblas.so.2 instead of /usr/lib/libblas.so).
>
> I think this is deliberate, you have to install blas-dev to get
> libblas.so.  But the soname is always libblas.so.2, whether you use
> blas-dev or any of the ATLAS implementations.

Now I solved it doing manually the symbolic link, it could be useful to tell
this in the description of the package in dselect

> > 3)Then I downloaded the compaq fortran for linux but after transforming
> > the *.rpm packages in *.deb I installed it using
> > dpkg -i *.rpm
> > when I run the compiler I get:
> >
> > /usr/lib/libcpml.so: file not recognized: File truncated
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > fort: Severe: Failed while trying to link.
> > make: *** [nlswe2d] Error 1
> >
> > Could be the reason the installing of the library cpml after the compiler
> > packages?
>
> The "recommended" way of doing this is to get the RPMs, then install the
> installer .debs, which will prompt you for the location of the RPMs.
> Unfortunately, you have to get an installer .deb whose version exactly
> matches the RPM.  But when you do this, it sets up lots of nice things
> like doc-base registry of documentation, etc.
>
> I have a contact at HP working on letting Debian distribute the actual
> libs in the .debs for cpml, cxml, libots and cfalrtl, and encrypted RPMs
> in the .debs for cfal, ccc and cxx.  So you can just "apt-get install
> cfal" and, if you have the license key, just provide it and everything
> will just install.  I'm not expecting anything real soon (it's been
> about three months so far), but these may be ready in time for sarge...
>
> Zeen,

For the moment I solved it using the clues given in the Ionut Georgescu
message, posted to the mail list. Only the man page after the installation
have a wrong symbolic link that ( ../../lib/compaq/cfal/man instead of
../../../lib/compaq/cfal/man ) I had to modify manually.

Thanks to all

Roberto Bernetti                             e-mail: bernetti@inwind.it
V. S.da Vecchia del Pinocchio 1/A
60131 ANCONA