using compaq fortran for linux on alpha

Hi
I've installed Debian 3 on a personal workstation 500au with minor problems I
hope you can help to solve:
1)  The distribution CD's didn't contain some packages as LyX and Maxima but
on the official site they appear to be included
2) the symboic link of the BLAS library were not correct, they were
/usr/lib/libblas.so.2 instead of /usr/lib/libblas.so).

3)Then I downloaded the compaq fortran for linux but after transforming the
*.rpm packages in *.deb I installed it using
dpkg -i *.rpm
when I run the compiler I get:

/usr/lib/libcpml.so: file not recognized: File truncated
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
fort: Severe: Failed while trying to link.
make: *** [nlswe2d] Error 1

Could be the reason the installing of the library cpml after the compiler
packages?
Thanks
Roberto Bernetti                             e-mail: bernetti@inwind.it
V. S.da Vecchia del Pinocchio 1/A