Re: list of goals?

Previously Torsten Landschoff wrote:
> I do not like the idea to have a fixed database. That's not Unix style. And of
> course that is not the goal. It's another implementation detail.

Unix has lots of fixed databases. /etc/passwd, /etc/aliases, etc. etc.
What we need to do is define a list of standard interfaces (getpw*(),
etc.) so we can have multiple implementations of the database.

The kind of database I proposed is *very* similar to how Unices
currently handle database through /etc/nsswitch.conf.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl