list of goals?

Is there an official list of goals around somewhere?

I plan to write up code and an example package to before the end of break to
meet the goals I'm listing below. If I can satisy other people at the same
time, it would be even cooler.

* Ability to query a package for configurable options.

* Should be able to vary options based on currently installed software,
  system configuration, etc. (ie, dhcpcd should present the user with a
  list of valid interfaces to choose from).

* Ability to store those options somewhere, for use on the same system, or
  optionally on other systems as well.

* Ability for a package to validate configurable options without actually
  configuring or installing anything, and present error messages in a
  presentation-independant format.

* Options specified in a presentation-independant format.

* Time consuming tasks to provide completion status information in a
  presentation-independant format.

* Minimal modifications to existing package management tools, backwards
  compatibility where possible.

--
Brian Ristuccia
brianr@osiris.978.org