Re: list of goals?

Wichert Akkerman <wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl> writes:
> Unix has lots of fixed databases. /etc/passwd, /etc/aliases, etc. etc.
> What we need to do is define a list of standard interfaces (getpw*(),
> etc.) so we can have multiple implementations of the database.
>
> The kind of database I proposed is *very* similar to how Unices
> currently handle database through /etc/nsswitch.conf.

This sounds very similar to what the COAS database is supposed to do.
Has anybody been able to run a recent COAS version under Debian?  I
was able to compile 0.13, but it segfaults at me right after starting
it.

M. S.
Martin A. Soto J.                           Profesor
Departamento de Ingenieria de Sistemas y Computacion
Universidad de los Andes      masoto@uniandes.edu.co