RE: Amiga PCMCIA ethernet on d-i

Hi Michael!

From: Michael Schmitz <schmitzmic@gmail.com>
Sent: lunes, 27 de septiembre de 2021 0:00
> Please check whether your card is indeed one of the supported 8390 or
> compatible based cards (10 or 100 Mbit).

Taking a look at the Windows drivers, I can confirm it is indeed NE2000-compatible, but I was not able to find a reference to the 8390. It works on AmigaOS with cnet.device and on NetBSD/amiga out of the box.

> I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the 16 bit / 100 Mbit patches to
> be accepted into the mainstream kernel. Haven't had any feedback from
> netdev, and the review process on linux-m68k wasn't too encouraging
> either. That said, I have another respin of the patch series in the
> pipeline (need to check that this is a good time to submit patches to
> netdev first).

Thanks for letting me know. Am I correct to assume that the patch is to improve "possible" Linux support for cards that under AmigaOS would need the cnet16.device on AmigaOS?

Regards,
Carlos

Carlos Milán Figueredo | HispaMSX System Operator | http://www.hispamsx.org/ | telnet://bbs.hispamsx.org/ | https://calnus.com