RE: hd-media initrd not working on Amiga

Hi Johny,

From: Johny Five <koxman@gmail.com>
Sent: lunes, 27 de septiembre de 2021 0:46
> dd if=debian.iso of=/dev/sdc bs=512 status=progress

Really worth trying! I think I can use xstreamtodev[1] as a dd replacement for AmigaOS. It is included as part of NetBSD/amiga installation utilities. Let me know if there are other dd-like tools for AmigaOS. I am glad my Linux Swap partition is 256 MB.

> Fire up the amiboot
> During the setup there will be error as CD-ROM not detected.
> Load CD-ROM drivers from removable media - YES
> Manually select a CD-ROM module and device - YES
> Module needed for accessing the CD-ROM: none
> Device file for accessing the CD-ROM: /dev/hda2

Simple enough! I will test that in the meantime the hd-media image is ready and report back. Thanks for sharing the trick.

Regards,
Carlos

[1] http://ftp.nluug.nl/os/BSD/NetBSD/arch/amiga/utils/

Carlos Milán Figueredo | HispaMSX System Operator | http://www.hispamsx.org/ | telnet://bbs.hispamsx.org/ | https://calnus.com