RE: hd-media initrd not working on Amiga

Hi Adrian!

> We're missing several d-i kernel module package here:
>> https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/debian-installer/-/blob/master/build/pkg-lists/hd-media/m68k.cfg
> Those are:
> - fat-modules-${kernel:Version}
> - ext4-modules-${kernel:Version}
> - pata-modules-${kernel:Version}
> For reference, here is the module list on on i386:
> https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/debian-installer/-/blob/master/build/pkg-lists/hd-media/i386.cfg

By comparing the two of them, wouldn't we need this one as well?

loop-modules-${kernel:Version}

If we are to mount the ISO as installation media and it is loop mounted,
probably that one will be needed as well.

> You won't until I have fixed the issues above.
> I'm currently on a train, but I'm trying to get this fixed ASAP.
> Thanks for the report. You see, hd-media hasn't been tested for ages.

Thanks to you for the efforts! CD drives are disappearing from most
computer setups, so I think the hd-media image is really relevant today.

A last question very related to the Amiga. I used the busybox provided
with d-i to create and format an additional ext2 partition. Then, I
used wget to download and place the installation ISO image on it.

I think this procedure will be hard for most Amiga users. It would
be better if this could be done from AmigaOS. Is it possible to
provide in the hd-media image support for mounting AFFS partitions
so the ISO can be placed there?

Another alternative is to use the ext2 filesystem driver for AmigaOS [1],
but it is more straight forward to put directly on a AFFS partition.

Thanks for the efforts!
Carlos

[1] http://aminet.net/package/disk/misc/ext2fs_0.41