Re: hd-media initrd not working on Amiga

Hello Carlos!

On 9/12/21 03:35, Carlos Milán Figueredo wrote:
> 	1. The pata_gayle IDE driver is not available on the hd-media.
           I must proceed with the legacy gayle driver.
> 	2. At the "iso-scan" stage in d-i, the kernel is not able to mount
           any filesystem yet, not even ext2 partitions. So finding the ISO
           image will fail and the installation cannot continue. It looks like
           d-i is not able to mount even a ext2 partition until the "Load
           installer components from installation media" stage has succeed,
           that cannot happen without installation media.

We're missing several d-i kernel module package here:

> https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/debian-installer/-/blob/master/build/pkg-lists/hd-media/m68k.cfg

Those are:

- fat-modules-${kernel:Version}
- ext4-modules-${kernel:Version}
- pata-modules-${kernel:Version}

For reference, here is the module list on on i386:

> https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/debian-installer/-/blob/master/build/pkg-lists/hd-media/i386.cfg

> So my question is: how I would be able to install Debian m68k on my real Amiga without CD?

You won't until I have fixed the issues above. I'm currently on a train, but I'm trying to get this
fixed ASAP. Thanks for the report. You see, hd-media hasn't been tested for ages.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz