Re: Sensitive or not sensitive... that is the question

Jacobo Gallango wrote:

>     Dear V colleagues:
>
>     I keep working on my V-based application, and I have another weird
> "bug" whose origin I do not locate. I have the typical Edit, Copy,
> Paste... options at my menus. These options are both at my Menu bar and
> the Toolbar, and I have used the typical CTRL+C... key combinations to
> speed it up.
>
>     I check when I have something selected or at the clipboard, and
> depending on that situation I make those bar items sensitive or not. It
> works but it doesn't matter if they are sensitive or not,  the key
> combinations are always active. Is this a V bug or am I doing something
> wrong?

Sometimes it amazes me how long little bugs can lurk in V. This is
a V bug, and if you want to fix it until the next release (no immediate
plans...), fix vMenuPane::CheckAccel in both the Windows and X versions.
The fix is contained in the following lines (from both vmenu.cpp and
vmenu.cxx):

	    // see if its menuId is the same as the one we are setting
	    if (item[info->ItemIndex].accel == vkey &&
		 item[info->ItemIndex].kShift == shift &&
		 item[info->ItemIndex].sensitive)		// V 1.25, 6/1/00

--

Bruce E. Wampler, Ph.D.

Author of the V C++ GUI Framework

e-mail: mailto:bruce@objectcentral.com