Re: Debugging w xxgdb on Linux ...

Sasha Kacanski wrote:

> I have working app in V that I want to run through the xxgdb.
> I added -g option in makefile and went with makeclean and makeall.
> xxgdb will load the symbol table but I don't get any source file up and I
> have no way of tracing code through the source.
> I get:
>  No default source file yet.  Do "help list"
> When I do help list xxgdb tells me three ways of getting what I want to
> look at.
> I would like to go from start to some breakpoints in one of the source
> files.
> What am I doing wrong.
> /s

> There's treasure in the pit of the hideous sin
> Unpeal ice cool velvet skin
> Junk eats trash in a chemical kiss
> T.V. poison tastes like this
> THE JESUS AND MARY CHAIN Automatic

I'm not sure what is the problem here. I've compiled V and V apps with
no problem at all and used xxgdb. This would be a compiler/xxgdb issue.

BUT, trash your xxgdb and use ddd! MUCH better, and it should be
available
for almost any system you might have.

M - Go Blue!  (I got my BSE in Computer Engineering from UM in 1975)
--

Bruce E. Wampler, Ph.D.

Author of the V C++ GUI Framework

e-mail: mailto:bruce@objectcentral.com