Debugging w xxgdb on Linux ...

I have working app in V that I want to run through the xxgdb.
I added -g option in makefile and went with makeclean and makeall.
xxgdb will load the symbol table but I don't get any source file up and I
have no way of tracing code through the source.
I get:
 No default source file yet.  Do "help list"
When I do help list xxgdb tells me three ways of getting what I want to
look at.
I would like to go from start to some breakpoints in one of the source
files.
What am I doing wrong.
/s

There's treasure in the pit of the hideous sin
Unpeal ice cool velvet skin
Junk eats trash in a chemical kiss
T.V. poison tastes like this
THE JESUS AND MARY CHAIN Automatic
Sasha Kacanski - UM Economics                       1025 Vaughn St.
Ann Arbor Mi 48103                                  ph. 734.763.4221