gnu mingw32/cygwin compiler, Cygwin-B20

                                    February 26th, 1999

Now that I've got the V libraries installed, I'm trying to get OpenGL or
Mesa up and running.  I read in the V user guide that :

Windows comes standard with the OpenGL DLL. You must have the appropriate
import
library to use the DLL, which usually comes with the various compilers. The
only problem
seems to be with the gnu mingw32/cygwin compiler. The required include files
are available
under the /v/gnuwin32 directory if you need them.

and I'm not sure whether I should worry about the "gnu mingw32/cygwin",
because I have no idea what the "mingw32" is refferring to.  I'm using
Cygwin32 on Windows95, and I obtained the OpenGL libraries from SGI directly
for free.  Is this going to work or not?  Any success or failure stories?

Thanx for the help.

                                     David L. Painter
                                     dpainter@prontomail.com
                                     dpainter@lightspeed.net